Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The next few days

We are in a rush to get the house sold. This means getting a last few things that needed to be done around the house. I have to finish the kitchen cabinets, install them, install the back splash, paint the kitchen, finish the molding, fix a few drywall spots, and redo the bathroom tile around the tub. So there is kind of a lot to do, but if I do a little each day, I can get it finished. I am sure there are other things that need to be done, but those are the major ones.

We qualified for the 5/1 ARM loan. I called the mortgage broker and he said that it was just a pre-approval for a loan. We can be qualified for basically any mortgage that we want. That will happen on Tuesday when we have a construction meeting. We have to decide most of the options that we want. The project manager told us it would be 6 months from then. Wow - not that much time.

eddie

3 comments:

Natalie Gordon said...

you've been linked!

adamf said...

You're getting an ARM? Not that I have experience buying houses, but I haven't heard good things about those. Just wondering.

Alice said...

I think on our application we wrote that we were interested in an ARM, but can get whatever kind of loan we want.

We've heard bad things about ARMs recently too, so we won't be getting one.

(It's funny how you (well you did, so I guess it's just me) don't notice things like that until it becomes relevent)