Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Starting to feel like home...

We've been busy, finally getting some pictures and things hung. Most of these were last night, although a couple have been up longer.

If you can't tell what this is, it's a clothes drying rack. It's on a pulley system so I can lower it to hang clothes on, then raise it to get it out of the way.
This is one of the first things I hung up after we moved in. It was a gift from some family members (Thanks, J, H & Kids), and although it's meant to clip papers to, I'm using it to hang backpacks and things on until we get some real coat hooks installed in the mudroom.
Last saturday my Mr. built the raised bed frames. Now we just have to wait for the builder to grade the lot so we can install and start planting.
This is the half bath, My Mr. built the cupboard for the bathroom at our old house, and even though there wasn't a really useful place for it at our new house, there was no way we would leave it behind. Now we just need to find something to put in it. Maybe a years supply of toothpaste? (The years supply of toilet paper and soap is already in the vanity)
I've been trying to find a good place for this rug, and finally found the perfect spot at the landing on the stairs. It was a wedding gift from friend's of my parents' who have always been like family. I think of them everytime I see the rug.
Clock by the front door. :) I think I can see a clock from nearly anywhere in the downstairs now.


This little candle holder was in the kitchen at our old house, but we discovered it fit perfectly right here in the living room. Now when I walk through that doorway, I can smell the candle and it makes me smile. I've heard that metal scroll home decor is on it's way out, but I don't care. :)
Two small pictures over the couch in the "formal" living room (the room we only look at- there ought to be some sort of use for it...). My Mr. thinks we need something else on the wall, I told him it will be okay once the wall isn't white anymore. We'll see.
This is a frame that my Mr. bought me for christmas.  It's just missing a picture of A, but I'm going to pick up his new pictures today.  

Here is a picture of the picture frame/calendar that my Mister bought me for christmas.
This is a picture of our entertainment center. I love how much space there is for all the books and things.  It does make our TV look tiny, but no, we're not getting a big screen.  The picture to the right is our Proclamation on the Family, and I want to get one of those wooden family home evening job board thingys to go under it

3 comments:

adamf said...

Looking good!

Lisa said...

I love the picture frame/calendar! I don't have a wall for it though unless they had one to hang verticle. I guess I will just survive with my refrigerator one! The house looks good! I am still looking forward to painting some rooms in my house. Fortunately the main area is done!

Criscell said...

Way to go! It looks great, Alice! I love the presents from Roberts. It was so fun to pick them out that day with you.