Saturday, January 12, 2008

And there was much rejoicing...yaaay.

I have mixed thoughts as I am writing this post. But the majority of those thoughts are good - very good. We received another offer on our house (the people who made the previous offer didn't accept out lowest counter) last night. We countered this morning and then they countered back to us. To make a long story short, we accepted the offer. They put on their offer that they would close on Jan 31 so that would help us out even more. So we actually haven't "sold" the house, but we have an accepted offer.

It was for less than what we were thinking of getting which causes me a little grief. But I do have to admit the grief is lessened quite a bit by the fact that it is going to be sold. Especially lately, as Al and I would go by the new house and see various things happen with it, we would drive away and mutter under our breath, "I hope that we will be able to move in." But that has subsided. I have been excited about this house for a long time - when the framers were working, drywall, etc. But now it has become even more of a reality. We are actually going to move into a new house! And what's more, our old house is sold (knock on wood)!

Again, I am relieved. Don't get me wrong. But I wish that we could have got more out of it.

On a side note, this is my last semester of school. I am only taking one class right now - and it is a negotiations class. We discussed how during a single issue negotiation, it is always a win/lose negotiation. A couple of the people in my class didn't understand that. I can fully understand it now. Although I think that in this negotiation, it wasn't just single issue. We did want to sell the house very quickly. So in that instance, it was a win/win issue (at least that it what I keep trying to tell myself). But I still feel that we kind of lost in the negotiations.

We did end up making quite a bit of money on the house. In that I cannot complain. When we bought the house, we knew that we were buying an "investment" property after we fixed it up and stuff. We did really well.

1 comment:

CLASS said...

And, you get fabulous neighbors in the process (and so do we!)so it's a win\win\win.

Congratulations!